Friday 28 March 2014

The Fault In Our Stars.


"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years,Hazel has never been anything but terminal,her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis.But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid support group,Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten."

Firstly,let me tell you what this blogpost is NOT:Its not a book review;It’s not paid promotion;It’s not fangirling;It is an ode of appreciation to one of the best books I have read in 2k14;no,scratch that;to the BEST book I have had the privilege of reading so far!
“THE FAULT IN OUR STARS” by one Mr.John Green was just another novel in my pile of birthday gifts.I hadn’t even heard about Green until that moment(my bad);So after I finished up the flashier titles(fifty shades and Nano),I finally decided to give it a try!
Twenty hours later,I finished the book;but the book,I felt,would never be finished with me!Or rather,I,would never be finished with the book!Very few tragedies actually earn my love and appreciation,and acceptance,most importantly!One never accepts tragedies,the human consciousness being a huge fan of the “happily-ever-afters”;but not in this case,monsieur,not in this case!The inevitability of it all,and the sad,resigned ease with which the reader accepts it,works wonders!Kudos,John Green.The world owes you one…(or maybe it’s just me!).
 Everything in the book,from the beautifully affluent language to the witty sarcastic humor which leaves you breathless with the tragedy of it all,and the philosophy which the protagonists talk of,just mesmerizes readers!The descriptions,of illness,of the pain of the families of cancer patients,of the patients’ mentality,with no shreds of societal stereotypes spared,are accurate and precise!(I wouldn’t really know;but again,this is by far the most “real” account,however fictional,that I have come across!).
Hazel’s thoughts about the condolences on social networking sites actually make you sit back and ponder over the issue.The descriptions of Amsterdam are heart-breakingly beautiful;it is without a doubt,my favourite and most despised part of the book!Yes,don’t raise those brows,for TFIOS is one big paradox.I wouldn’t mind saying that “THE FAULT IN OUR STARS” would become “AN IMPERIAL AFFLICTION “ of many!"OKAY" would never be just another word for me anymore!Lastly,it reaffirms the belief that love makes the world go around;and that no matter what,if you look hard enough,(or even don't!);true love will always find you!(Cheesy;yeah,but I do believe it!)
If you are into intellectual,well crafted tragedies,read it once.If you are not into books,well,I still would request you to give it a try;you will love it,laugh and cry with it and always cherish it,like I do.
P.S:If you seriously can’t plant your behind in an easy chair for hours to go through that blasphemous task called reading(according to you),then worry not,for the movie adaptation is coming this June!One more thing,this is an emotional response and not an intellectual one,so no te encontrar fallos.Comments and Criticism is always welcome.Happy Reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment